A blend between the words “advertisement” and “editorial”, advertorials are advertisements disguised as a regular article in a newspaper, magazine or website. A good advertorial devotes about 70% of it to good content, while the remaining 30% comprises promotion of your product.
Aimed at engaging the reader without coming off as being too direct about selling, advertorials use a soft approach to draw readers in by seamlessly providing information about a product or service into the article.
If you’re wondering what goes into making a good advertorial, or how you can convert more readers into customers, read on to find out more.
Create a story
By telling a story, you can tap into the reader’s emotions, engaging them in a more powerful way than facts and figures can.
Sprinkle with quotes
Use quotes to subtly convey to your reader how good your product is. This beats using direct, in-your-face advertising that may prove to be a turn-off for readers.
Adopt the right format
Before writing the advertorial, find out the publication’s style and story structure. This will facilitate you in blending your advertorial seamlessly with the publication.
Make your content digestible
Break up your content into bite-sized chunks using sub headers, while interspersing the article with images, photos and side boxes. Beyond allowing readers to scan through the key points, it enables them to get to the call to action even if they can’t be bothered to read the entire advertorial.
End with happiness
Conclude the story with a happy ending, where your product or service provides a solution to your reader’s pain point. And if you’ve done your job, your reader will be looking for a way to buy your product or hire you, so end with a clear call to action.
Follow these handy tips on crafting advertorials to convey your marketing message effectively. On top of offering useful content, advertorials have a much bigger potential to be shared by happy readers with their friends, thereby helping you to build a community around your brand.
Image source: http://isayblog.com/en/advertorial